campus organizations chair
- Hometown: Claremont, CA
- Class Year: 2019
- Favorite spot on campus: My favorite spot on campus is around Alumni weekend/Parents weekend when CMC puts lights out on Gann Lawn behind Kravis. I love to stand on the second floor of Kravis at night and see those lights and the Cube and the rest of campus. It is pretty magical.
- CMC "Hack": I always use the ice cream containers to hold all my condiments when I grab a togo box at Collins!
The Campus Organizations Chair is the point person for all clubs and organizations at CMC. This position has a lot of autonomy, and the chair can pursue projects at his or her discretion. In 2015, for example, the Chair prioritized increasing club storage facilities. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee all CMC clubs and organizations
- Keep records for all
- Host club fair for CMC
- Handle discretionary funding requests
- Hold office hours for the student body
- Send club inform email to CMC student body
- Review charter applications for new
- Allocate funding for CMC and 5C clubs
- Review budget for clubs
- Administer the email@example.com email address
I am trying to create better cohesion between club leaders and then also with ASCMC. I am working on building a foundation so that the new CO Chair will be able to bring on a team and go through the year without it being so chaotic. I am currently working on a manual for all organizations so that they can refer to it for help understanding resources and other functionalities necessary to be a successful club. I am working on creating more cultural awareness with clubs and creating more awareness of the identity-based clubs on campus.