President pro tempore
- Hometown: Maputo, Moçambique
- Class Year: 2018
- Favorite spot on campus: My room.
- CMC "Hack": Colour code your gcal and live by it.
The President Pro Tempore ensures that the Constitution and various operating procedures are adhered to and followed. Additionally, they serve as the Chief Ethical Officer, so it is their prerogative to monitor the operations of ASCMC and its officers and guarantee that the Constitution, and the law, are respected. The President Pro Tempore also chairs the Elections Committee, and is a regular member of the Budget Committee. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee Senate and Executive Board
- Acting Executive Vice President and Chair of the Student Senate
- Chair of Elections Committee
- Serve on the Budget Committee
- Chief Ethical Officer of ASCMC
- Ensure compliance with Constitution, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and
- Write Constitutional amendments or be consulted when others are writing them
One of Thomas's goals for this year is improving accountability and adherence to key rules, thereby institutionalising norms and expectations that promote transparency, efficiency, and a no-nonsense approach to getting stuff done with minimum hassle.