



**EXECUTIVE
BOARD
MEETING**

**ASSOCIATED
STUDENTS OF
CLAREMONT MCKENNA COLLEGE**



ASSOCIATED STUDENTS OF CLAREMONT MCKENNA COLLEGE

EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING

January 22, 2023

Officer	Position	Present/Absent
Josh Nagra	President	Present
Zane Yamamoto	Executive Vice President	Present
Kaitlyn Hohl	Chief Ethics and Procedural Officer	Present
Tori Williams	Vice President of Student Activities	Present
Sam Bogen	Vice President of Campus Organizations	Present
Peyton Ogasawara	Chief Financial Officer	Present
Nisha Singh	D&I Chair	Present
Maeve Conte	Mental Health and Wellness Liaison	Present
Nicole Cepeda	Chief Operating Officer	Present
Ryu Nakase	Class of 2026 President	Present
Giovanni Pierre	Class of 2025 President	Present
Wolfgang Hutton	Class of 2024 President	Present
Amari Huang	Class of 2023 President	Present
Kirby Kimball	Dormitory Affairs Chair	Present
Peter Dien	Presidential Advisor on Divestment	Absent
Sarai Ortega	Presidential Advisor on First-Generation, Low-Income Student	Absent

Senate Chairs Attendance



Senate Officer	Position	Present/Absent
Meg Birenbaum	AAA Committee Chair	Absent
Nicole Jonassen	Student Life Committee Chair	Absent
Aara Nanavaty	Academic Affairs Chair	Present
Haven Qin	Community Service Chair	Absent
Nathaniel Braswell	RA Liaison	Absent

Agenda

1. Welcome
2. Approve Minutes
2. Officer Updates
3. Senate Attendance Reminder
4. Discussion: Student Fee Increase
5. Decision: General Fund request for updated copy of Robert's Rules of Order and supplemental guides
6. Discussion: ASCMC Table at Spring Club Fair
7. Open Forum

I. Welcome

Call the meeting to order at 7:08 pm Pacific Time.

II. Approval of Minutes:

motion to approve: Zane

seconded: Sam

III. Executive Officer Updates

Josh: Does anyone have any updates?

President: Josh Nagra	
EVP: Zane Yamamoto	



CEPO: Kaitlyn Hohl	Weekly reports! Do them. Info sessions early Feb, campaigns early march. transition docs must be done, will check in soon.
VPSA: Tori Williams	Set up and clean up help is needed on Sat Feb 4th. Hour shifts. And one clean up shift. Wristbanding also.
CFO: Peyton Ogasawara	People with ASCMC credit cards, i'm delegate. I can see how many charges you have left, once a month i'll be checking.
D&I: Nisha Singh	This friday from 7-9 we are doing a meet and greet. many people want to sell stuff. lateshia will DJ. hot chocolate. check in. please come :-) valach court.
VPCO: Sam Bogen	
COO: Nicole Cepeda	
Class of 2024 President: Wolfgang Hutton	
Class of 2023 President : Amari Huang	100 days bus situation approved, venue is in process. date feb 16th, 7-10 pm, not 100% confirmed.
Class of 2026 President: Ryu Nakase	
Class of 2025 President: Gio Pierre	
Mental Health and Wellness Liaison: Maeve Conte	
DAC Chair: Kirby Kimball	
Presidential Advisor on Divestment: Peter Dien	
AAA Committee Chair: Meg Birenbaum	
Student Life Committee Chair: Nicole Jonassen	



Academic Affairs Chair: Aara Nanavaty	
Community Service Chair: Haven Qin	
RA Liaison: Nathaniel Braswell	

IV. Discussion: Student Fee Increase

Peyton: I have been working on this with Zane, we lowered the fees over COVID because it was virtual. (285-235). Now that we're in person, we are seeing budget increase, particularly as club engagement increases. I've looked at club expenditures and clubs are spending approx. 90% of their budget, and this is posing a problem. We have been having trouble with getting clubs the money that they need. We had a lot of appeals, but we can only give so much with how much our fee currently is right now. We have proposals based on conversations with DOS. Proposal 1 accounts for inflation to 265, second reverts to covid to 285, third is reversion and inflation to 322, final is reversion inflation and top off to 350. Inflation levels right now are approx 13%. I'll be presenting at Senate. There we'll vote and it will continue to move forward.

Sam: the number would be per year not semester, correct?

Peyton: Yes.

Sam: do we have a guess on what the highest number we can set?

Peyton: Treasury has been eager to increase– in this case, Treasurer and DOS has been willing to support.

Sam: Would this eliminate the necessity to ticket?

Peyton: This is still being discussed, we do know this would give us a lot more wiggle room with events and clubs.

Nisha: You're presenting this tomorrow?



Nisha: Making sure people come and give their input, and I am interested in seeing the longterm effects on the deficit would be important. Also knowing the answer of the ticketing question? Also why doesn't DOS cover EMT?

Josh: They never have.

Tori: Security costs before were odd– billing had some issues. Now we are getting charged more as that was figured out.

Nisha: Plus inflation.

Tori: Plus lowering fee so we can ticket and have money for alcohol-supplying events?

Wolfgang: Justified because we do want events with and without alcohol. Do we even need to justify fee increase and ticketing?

Peyton: Top off seems excessive because we don't increase every year.

Josh: we're still lower than the other 5cs.

Amari: For the senior class especially there are money issues– for example with Stoles. We have to scramble and ask around.

Peyton: Budget committee is going to meet and decide on which one.

Gio: To Wolfy's point, i dont think so because with our justifications (us returning to status quo) i think people wont have an issue.

Josh: I don't think we are returning to a status quo, though.

Nisha: Why don't we do drink tickets?

Tori: I am unsure how this will play out unless with have security with us– people wanting to steal, etc.

Josh: seems like it'll be calmer too.

Kaitlyn: If I'm paying to drink, I would rather pay to drink my own. Plus it raises serving alcohol to individuals versus an overall percentage.

Sam: club budgets are BAD right now. People are more excited about clubs. We need some money.

IV. General Fund Request for Updated Roberts Rules of Order and Supplemental Guides

Zane: Motion to get funds to purchase most recent edition of Roberts Rules of Order and Supplemental Guides! No more than \$150.

Clearly passes.

V. ASCMC Table at Spring Club Fair

Sam: spring club fair happening. we had no table in the fall and it was so missed :- (this was the first year that we didn't have a table. At least two people must staff from 11-1. This is this Friday on Parents.

Zane: I can take an hour.

Ryu: Me too.

Gio: Me too.

(More nominations, decided that people will just show up.)

V. Open Forum

Sam: Party was great, a lot of people came so it was hard to shut down because of volume issues. No orgs are faulted, I don't fault Tori. Imperative is on rest of us to help out.

Tori: As in forced shut down?

Sam: No, it was a quiet hours/event ended issue.

Tori: Setting up DJ stuff was a challenge, we definitely always need a microphone to help with telling people to leave.

Sam: That'd be awesome.

The logo for ASCMC (Association of Student Council Members of the College) is centered at the top of the page. It consists of a dark red rectangular background. The letters "ASCMC" are written in a white, serif font across the middle. Below the letters, there is a small white icon of a globe with a book or document symbol overlaid on it.

ASCMC

Nisha: did you have help?

Tori: Not much

Nisha: you definitely need a team to help you with this.

Kirby: Josh and I had a convo with Advancement to get the rest of the funding for the free tampons and pads across campus. Admissions is filming a video to send out to alumni. I'll send a reminder out.

Nisha: We need to check in with Advocates! Love to meet with them at some point so we can set precedent up.

Peyton has been sworn in.

Josh: Amari and I spoke over break and we agreed on revising the minutes
Wolfgang: Striking this out sets a weird precedent.

Aye: 6

Nay: 3

Motion clearly passes.

motion to adjourn: Kirby

seconded: Sam

meeting adjourned 7:57 pm