- All clubs must have at least five members currently enrolled at Claremont McKenna College
- All clubs must meet at least twice a month in a public place on the Claremont McKenna campus
- All clubs must participate in the annual CMC Club Fair at the beginning of each year
- Clubs must provide some form of academic or social enrichment, intangible or tangible, to CMC’s campus or student body
- Clubs must operate under the guidelines of a Constitution that outlines the organization’s goals, membership policies, and other relevant information
- Clubs must account for any and all CMC club funding received and how said funding was spent
- Club membership may not be determined on the basis of a person’s sex, race, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation or physical, mental, emotional or learning disability.
- Clubs that utilize tryouts, auditions, or any other form of merit-based application system must publicize said application at least two weeks in advance, and give fair and equal consideration to all applicants.
- All clubs must publish a minimum of two informational blog posts on cmcclubs.com per year.
Expenditures and Reimbursements
- ASCMC reserves the right to deny any request for reimbursement.
- All club expenses must further the mission of the club.
- The ASCMC CFO and Campus Organizations Chair reserve the right to deny reimbursements that violate this rule (contact them before your purchase if you are unsure whether it is a valid one)
- No more that 15% of club budgets may be spent in the last month of the school year unless the spending is pre-approved by the CFO for a specific event planned in advance
- Requests for reimbursement must be submitted not later than 45 days after the date of purchase. Reimbursement requests for purchases older than 45 days may be denied.
- Any purchase of alcohol using club funds must substantially further the mission of the club and receive pre-approval by the Campus Organizations Chair.